Here’s a recipe as posted on the Raw Food Lifestyle bulletin board by Sim, one of our raw food moderators and a raw food chef.
- 2 avocados,
- ½ cup raw carob or raw cacao or a combination, and
- 1 cup (12-14) of unsoaked medjool dates. The softer and squishier the better.
(Forget using soaked deglet dates. They’re not going to give you the right result.)
- Blend all the ingredients until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and has no more lumps.
(I think creamy without lumps is ideal, but hey, some people like lumps.)
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do a taste test! Add more avocado to make it richer and creamier, add more dates for sweetness, and/or more cacao if you’re a chocolate fiend.
This will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Although there is no way it would last at my house for more than a few minutes.
If you really want to be decadent, make the following and spoon it over the chocolate pudding. To be honest, this dessert served in a water goblet is just divine. Something about taking humble chocolate pudding and putting it in a stemmed glass….
Raspberry Passion Fruit Sorbet
In a Vita-Mix or blender, put:
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 mango
- 1 banana
- 2 unsoaked medjools
Optional: pineapple or any other fruits you like