To buy it, click here!
In a healthy young person, exercise, smoking, pollution, toxins and mental stress create oxidative stress and weaken the body’s immune system, compromise fertility and rob the person of energy. Over time, oxidative stress (free radicals), can lead to cancer, diabetes, heart disease, auto immune diseases, Alzheimer’s and other age-related, degenerative diseases. (“Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress as a major cause of age-related diseases and cancer,” Recent Patents on Inflammation & Allergy Drug Discovery, Jan. 2009) Reducing oxidative stress and free radicals may therefore improve athletic function, fertility and prevent degenerative disease.
In the last few decades, scientists have discovered a method of doing just that. A scientific review of such research completed at Washington State University in 2015 concluded that this method “may well become the most extraordinary therapeutic and most extraordinary preventive breakthrough in the history of medicine.”
See for yourself what ABC television discovered in their investigation in this 10-minute video: http://www.abcliveit.com/
(Note the following are only a few of the published studies on Protandim.)
- Published in Free Radical Biology & Medicine in 2006, conducted at the Institute for Cancer, Aging and Antioxidant Research at the Univ. of Colorado, involving 29 people, ages 20 to 78, tested for 30 to 120 days:
- Evidence of cell damage from free radicals (called TBARS) decreased 40% on average after 30 days.
- After 30 days, the usual increase in TBARS found in older people compared with younger people disappeared. (True anti-aging)
- Very powerful enzymes (SOD and catalase) protecting cells from free radicals increased 30% and 54% respectively
- Published in Free Radical Biology & Medicine in 2009, conducted at the Department of Medicine at the Univ. of Colorado, involving mouse and human cells in cultures:
- The combination of herbs in Protandim was shown to be 6 to 9 times more effective than each individual herb.
- In human cells, protandim caused a 2 to 4-time increase in glutathione, the master of all antioxidants, master detoxifier and controller of the immune system
- Published in PLoS One (Public Library of Science One) in 2009, conducted at the Department of Pharmacology at Louisiana State Univ., a three-week study of mice with skin cancer:
- Reduced the number of skin tumors by 1/3.
- Suppressed skin tumor formation by more than half
- 35% increase in SOD (extremely powerful antioxidant) and 21% increase in another biochemical (MnSOD) that is known to suppress skin tumor formation.
- Published in Circulation, the Journal of the Am Heart Assn, in 2009, conducted at the Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care at Virginia Commonwealth Univ., a study on rats with pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the arteries of the lung, which leads to heart failure in that part of the heart that pumps to the lungs):
- Decreased the death rate for cells in that part of the heart
- Preserved function in that part of the heart
- Prevented fibrosis of that part of the heart, which leads to heart failure
- Published in PLoS One (Public Library of Science One) in 2010, conducted at the Department of Pharmacology at Louisiana State Univ., another study of mice with skin cancer:
- Shown capable of suppressing skin cancer induced in mice
- Published in Journal of Dietary Supplements in 2010, conducted at the Department of Pediatrics, Texas Tech Univ. School of Medicine, a six-month study of mice with a type (Duchenne) of muscular dystrophy:
- Reduced TBARS (evidence of cell damage from free radicals) by nearly half on average after six months
- Increased by 35% an enzyme (PON1) that protects against heart disease
- Reduced a protein (Osteopontin), which is an indicator of chronic heart failure by more than half.
- Published in Enzyme Research in 2011, a review conducted at Department of Pharmacology at Louisiana State Univ.:
- The antioxidant activity of Protandim might act as a cancer prevention supplement.
- Published in Molecular Aspects of Medicine in 2011, conducted at Department of Medicine at Univ. of Colorado, involving mouse and human cells in cultures:
- Protandim increased Nrf2 (a protein that activates 500+ protection genes in every cell) more than any other known Nrf2 activator.
- It also positively effects many genes related to colon cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- “Nrf2 activators may well spawn a new class of drugs to target the so-called ‘diseases of aging,’ including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neuro-degenerative diseases.”
- Scientific review currently going through the peer-review process from Washington State University submitted in 2015:
- “… Nrf2 may well become the most extraordinary therapeutic and most extraordinary preventive breakthrough in the history of medicine.”