The liver weighs about three pounds and performs more than 500 functions for the body. After the brain, heart and lungs, the liver is the most important organ. Because the liver is so important, your body is designed so that if as much as 80% of your liver were cut out, it would grow back to full size in approximately 3 months! Your body can function almost normally with as little as 1/6th of your liver. Because the liver is designed in this way, it is usually hard to determine if the liver is damaged until the damage is quite advanced.
Traditional Chinese medicine says the liver and kidneys are the organs that “age” us. For this reason, almost all longevity herbs used in Chinese medicine are liver and kidney tonics. Without a clean, efficient liver and healthy kidneys, toxins and waste products are not filtered out of the blood, which then becomes heavier and more sluggish. This causes poor circulation and reduced oxygen and nutrient carrying capacity. As a result, tissues fed by the blood are undernourished. Cells begin to deteriorate and age. The eye and brain cells are especially affected because the blood has to flow against gravity to reach them.
The Master Cleanse is a great way to cleanse your liver and kidneys at the same time as increasing your body’s hydration (the percentage of water in your body).
Some Major Liver Functions:
- Making three-quarters of your total cholesterol, which is used to produce hormones and bile salts.
- Storing as much as 1 liter of blood in times of excess blood volume to be able to supply it in times of blood loss or heavy exercise.
- Metabolizing up to ½ ounce of alcohol per hour.
- Making 1 quart of bile per day for fat metabolism and neutralizing the acidity of toxins.
- Detoxifying incompletely digested proteins, excess hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, etc.), drugs, food additives, poisons, etc.
- Converting beta-carotene to Vitamin A.
- Breaking down and absorbing vitamins A, D, E, and K. (If your liver is dysfunctional, you will not be able to metabolize these vitamins, no matter how much you take!)
- Storing excess vitamin A, B-12, D, K, and iron.
- Converting ammonia, a byproduct of protein metabolism, into urea for kidney excretion.
- Filtering out bacteria in the blood from the intestines before it enters general circulation.
- Synthesizing up to 4 ounces of glucose daily, if needed; for example, during fasting or diabetes.
- Reducing blood sugar swings up to 65%.
Perfect timing. This liver info reminds me I need to do a Master Clense again. I had silver fillings removed in 1988, and was conned into a gold crown some years back. In an effort to find out what holds me hotage since my first MC, subsequently being raw for over six years, I had it removed last Dec. The dentist said there was another crown with metal; and it was removed in Mar. I have since been sleeping less again and I am always on the verge of being sick with any cooked food, or anything that is not raw or organic. I hestiate to try your supplement that you like so much. I want to be sure that I have all obstacles completely out of my life, from a chemical free environment to being 99-100% raw. I just went to a wedding Sat. So some cooked veggies have me in recovery with edema and the like, waking way too early. Hormones are another factor. It’s difficult to consult with anyone that can actually help, without spending far too much for too little to mothing in return. I have to plan my menu for a MC. It may be the simplist menu when I go down the shore over the next few weekends.
I understand your situation. With all you sensitivity, it would seem you have a lot to detoxify. I’d search for Detox Diet Scale on this website and Green Smoothies. Use the smoothies as a slower form of detoxification.
On the supplement, Laminine, I’s give it a try as 1) It’s only food (eggs, fish and peas), 2) has no known interactions with any herbs, drugs, meds, etc. (The only contraindication is an egg allergy.) and 3) has a money-back guarantee.
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would truly benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!
That would be great. Thanks.
Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide
credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks a lot!
Sure. I’d be flattered.