If you have a sweet tooth or love ice cream especially late at night or have kids that love ice cream, this is a fast and easy recipe. My grandson loves to make it whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner or for a quick snack.
- frozen fruit
- Place a handful of raw (not roasted) cashews or soaked, then drained, raw almonds in the food processor.
- Blend until smooth. (You can leave the mixture slightly grainy for more texture in the ice cream.)
- Add a bit of water (1-4 tablespoons) to make it into a thick cream.
- Add chopped frozen fruit. (See below for ideas.)
- Add a banana, frozen or not, to make it thick, smooth and sweet.
- Taste and adjust sweetness, frozenness and creaminess by adding more of the above ingredients, dates, etc.
- Serve right away. If you want the ice cream firmer you can place it in a container in the freezer until it is as thick as you like. If there is any left over, store it in the freezer in a covered container. Allow time to thaw when you want to eat it again.