If you have a sweet tooth or love ice cream especially late at night or have kids that love ice cream, this is a fast and easy recipe. My grandson loves to make it whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner or for a quick snack.
- frozen fruit
- Place a handful of raw (not roasted) cashews or soaked, then drained, raw almonds in the food processor.
- Blend until smooth. (You can leave the mixture slightly grainy for more texture in the ice cream.)
- Add a bit of water (1-4 tablespoons) to make it into a thick cream.
- Add chopped frozen fruit. (See below for ideas.)
- Add a banana, frozen or not, to make it thick, smooth and sweet.
- Taste and adjust sweetness, frozenness and creaminess by adding more of the above ingredients, dates, etc.
- Serve right away. If you want the ice cream firmer you can place it in a container in the freezer until it is as thick as you like. If there is any left over, store it in the freezer in a covered container. Allow time to thaw when you want to eat it again.
First, thanks for such good book. I got throat virus, but still doing fine on my first MC.
I am on Day 6 of my MC. I want to eat raw vegan diet after finishing MC. Please let me know if is it fine to eat frozen fruits as raw vegan diet. Don’t they contain any preservatives?
Get the frozen fruits without preservatives.