Makes 6 servings
Soak 2 cups of fresh pecans (about 1/2 pound) for about 5 minutes, rinse them, soak them another 5 minutes and rinse them again.
Then put into a Vita-Mix (or powerful blender):
- 8 pitted dates
- A level teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of honey (or to taste)
- 1 and 1/2 vanilla beans (optional)
- 5 – 12 macadamia nuts (make it creamier!!)
- Refrigerated cold water to total 60 oz.
Turn on low until the nuts are ground up. Then whip it on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.