For those with a Vita-Mix, put in the ingredients below and blend for 15 to 20 seconds. It’s delicious and an easy way to get fresh greens.
I’ve had people who ate a rather unhealthy diet start to lose weight and crave salads after adding only one serving of green smoothies a day for, or before, breakfast! So, don’t discount what it will do for your body.
This makes enough for 3 to 4 people.
It is VERY important to alternate various kinds of greens as eating exclusively one kind, such as spinach or romaine, over several months can create mineral imbalances or even kidney stones.
- 2 handfuls of spinach, mixed greens, kale or turnip greens
- (Yes I know, you don’t want to eat any of those. Me, too, but in a green smoothie with all the other stuff, you won’t even taste them! That’s the best part.)
- 1 banana
- 2 ripe mangoes without the skin or pit
- (or 2 peaches, a cup of blueberries, strawberries, pitted cherries, or an additional banana)
- 2 cups of refrigerated spring or distilled water
I am brand new to raw foods. along with my son, grandaughter and great granddaughter. we are looking for recipes. Thank you for your website it is so helpful.
i though you could not mix greens with fruit ……. so confuse
Raw food author and researcher, Victoria Boutenko, wrote Green for Life, a book about greens and why they are so important for health. She is the one who began the green smoothie popularity. In her book, which you can find here, she points out that greens can be eaten with any other food group (vegetables, fruits or proteins) because they are a group of their own.
Mixing greens with fruit is totally delicious and soooo good for you!!