For those with a Vita-Mix, put in the ingredients below and blend for 15 to 20 seconds. It’s delicious and an easy way to get fresh greens.
I’ve had people who ate a rather unhealthy diet start to lose weight and crave salads after adding only one serving of green smoothies a day for, or before, breakfast! So, don’t discount what it will do for your body.
This makes enough for 3 to 4 people.
It is VERY important to alternate various kinds of greens as eating exclusively one kind, such as spinach or romaine, over several months can create mineral imbalances or even kidney stones.
- 2 handfuls of spinach, mixed greens, kale or turnip greens
- (Yes I know, you don’t want to eat any of those. Me, too, but in a green smoothie with all the other stuff, you won’t even taste them! That’s the best part.)
- 1 banana
- 2 ripe mangoes without the skin or pit
- (or 2 peaches, a cup of blueberries, strawberries, pitted cherries, or an additional banana)
- 2 cups of refrigerated spring or distilled water