It is dead in here unfortunately. That's the way things ebb and flow.
The smoothie challenge is simple. You down at least one green smoothie a day for two weeks. If you all want to give it a go I'll start a new thread and pull in the green smoothie recipes from the Recipe box and we'll go from there. We can start this Friday if you'd like. Lemme know.
Healthy things grow, Growing things change, Real growth is measureable.
I am on my 25th day of the Master Cleanse and plan on going "raw" afterwards. I have a couple of questions:
1. I notice that most raw bread that is made is made of flax seed and tends to be rather hard. Is there a recipe for "soft" raw bread (for sandwhiches) or a place where it can be bought? Does raw soft bread even exist?
2. I have a food dehydrator that I bought years and years go by Ronco. It's circular with a whole in the middle of each tray. I noticed that a lot of raw "cooks" have the square dehydrator with many internal trays. Is one better than the other?
3. I have also noticed that not too many raw food eaters use white potatoes or corn. Particuilarly potatoes. Is there a reason why this isn't considered raw or is there another reason why it does't seem to be a popular vegetable with them?
4. When people make raw spaghetti, is there a reason why they seem to use zucchini over yellow squash? Does it work better for some reason?
5. Whenever they add salt to a dish, is it always sea salt and never iodized table salt?
6. What exactly do you call raw cooks? They don't cook anything. So what do you call them? Raw _________?
Thanks. Looking forward to the answers.
Last edited by Babesweet; March 19th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Start Date: 02/23/10
Total No. of Lbs. To Lose: 87
Day 10: 17 lbs.
Day 20: 7 lbs.
Weightloss to Date: 24 lbs
I am now on the tenth day of my most recent post-cleanse. This time I put as much attention into the post period as the MC itself. Ten days without caffeine and I feel I don't need it. The fresh grapefruit juice has been an excellent substitute. The natural sugars get me up in the morning just like the caffeine did, but with none of the negative side effects.
I have also kept a more healthy diet and have stayed away from all meat and almost all dairy products. This is highly unusual for me. Usually, if I went three days without meat, I'd start eying the neighbor's cat. Just fish and shellfish this time and it has been no problem. It is kind of a personal challenge to see just how long I can keep this up. I think somebody on the site wrote that they thought use of probiotics might also help with cravings. I do not know if there is any truth to this, but I have used probiotics for the first time after this MC. There have not been any strong cravings.
I also try to stay with natural and less refined sweeteners like those found in fruit. Last night I went to a big birthday party and the cake was from our area's best bakery. I had to try it, but I took about three bites and that was enough. I have learned with sugar that I will usually crave it after I eat it. If you must eat it, do it late in the day, or you'll want it all day.
Take it easy and take it as it comes. Feeling Great!
Last edited by stubedoobee; March 23rd, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
i've been post-cleanse now for 4 days and I feel great!
I've been sticking to raw foods with the exception of a handful of potato chips last night. Just thought I'd try to see what it was like. The flavour was too salty, and the food was 'dead' and didn't satisfy me.
I am much preferring my own raw treats. I made raw brownies last night in 5 minutes - completely satisfied my dark chocolate craving and was nutritious and full filling.
Have now deisre to eat any meat or cheese (thank god!). I will aim for as much raw as I can althought I've been warming up tofu on the grill with Bragg's & nutritional yeast for seasoning and adding it to my salads.
MC 1 - 10 days
MC 2 - 18 days
I was very successful with the cleanse, in fact I stayed on it for 13 days and never felt better. But I did not get off the cleanse correctly and have gotten back to my old habits that are making me sick and in pain. I have been off it for about 3 weeks. Is it ok to go back on it again this soon so I can start over and get off the cleanse the right way?
Sorry, this isn't in response to your question but I couldn't figure out how to post anything. So, anyone seeing this, a friend of mine says that you can eat raw nuts while you're doing the cleanse, is this true or do you stay strictly with the lemonade?
Hi there notsohungry,
You can always post to the "What Day are you On" thread to get questions answered.
And the answer to yours is: no, you cannot do the Master Cleanse and eat any solid food at all while on it. The MC is very specific: nothing but lemon juice, maple syrup (or allowable substitutes), cayenne pepper, salt for the salt water flush, laxative tea, and the *occasional* cup of mint tea. That's it.
If you put anything else in there, you start up your digestive processes again, confuse your body, and shoot yourself in the foot cleanse-wise.