Does anyone here really like arugula? Maybe it was the bunch I just bought. My son couldn't stand the smell so I sniffed and sure enough it has a very unappealing odor. Is this normal?
Prep and Cook Time: 30 Minutes, Cooking time: 20 Minutes
- ½ medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 TBS white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 dried figs, sliced
- 2 TBS walnuts
- 2 bunches arugula, (about 8 cups)
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Marinate sliced onion in vinegar and hot water while preparing rest of ingredients.
- Rinse and dry arugula. If you have a salad spinner that is best, otherwise, dry with paper towels. This will avoid dressing getting diluted.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper, drizzling olive a little at a time at the end. Toss with rest of ingredients and serve.