Your Body Can Heal Itself!

Modern medicine is built on the concept of disease. The modern medical doctor is taught to observe the patient’s symptoms and run diagnostic tests then compare that information to what diseases are known to create those symptoms. Once he picks out the disease causing those symptoms, he prescribes the currently accepted treatment for that disease and the patient hopefully gets well—meaning the patient no longer has those symptoms. This method works well for polio, infections, measles, etc. But heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer are another matter and a very serious matter because together they were the cause of death for more than half of all the Americans who died in 2006 according to the CDC.

I think giving your digestive system a ten-day vacation (the Master Cleanse) while your elimination system (liver, kidneys, colon, lungs and skin) gets a chance to catch up and clean out old wastes to be very beneficial. It is the death and disease statistics above that are extreme.

In fact, the medical disease concept is not the only concept of healing. There are others: chiropractic, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine and naturopathy. Naturopathic doctors teach their patients to use diet, exercise, lifestyle changes and natural therapies to enhance their bodies’ ability to prevent and combat disease. This definition comes from the American Assn. of Naturopathic Physicians website. (Note the wording “doctors teach their patients …” above. The word “doctor” actually comes from the Latin word docere meaning to teach.) These alternative models of healing base their practices on the fact that the human body will heal itself if given the chance and the patient is taught how to do that. For example, when you cut yourself, the wound heals provided you keep it clean and protected from being reopened again.

Diagnosis is not as important to these other schools of healing because it is recognized that if you give your body enough nutrition and exercise, detoxify it as needed and eliminate negative mental influences and stress, the body will heal itself. This was the foundation of modern medicine as developed by Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, 400 BC.

Check out this post on a completely unique supplement to help your body heal.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Donna O'Connor July 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Peter,

I have a friend with chronic Lyme disease. She has tried all kinds of treatments, mostly western, but also acupuncture and an herbalist. Any suggestions?

Donna

Peter Glickman July 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I asked a Naturopathic Doctor who is a friend of mine and he recommended the following protocol for lyme borreliosis from Wm. Lee Cowden, MD.

Neither he nor I receive any payment from the suppliers. This is not intended to be treatment, cure or diagnosis as that would be illegal. It is strictly for education.

Dr. Cowden starts his patients at 1 drop of Nutramedix Cumanda per day in ½ cup (120ml) of water or sublingual 30 minutes before mealtime (whether the patient eats or not), increasing to 1 drop twice a day after 1 to 3 days. Dr. Cowden also has his patients swallow proteolytic enzymes with water twice daily 30 minutes before mealtime. The most common proteolytic enzyme Dr. Cowden uses is Bromelain -5 or 6 tablets or capsules twice a day (400-600 mg. per tablet or capsule). Cumanda and the proteolytic enzymes can be taken at the same time.

Dr. Cowden uses Nutramedix Burbur as a detox remedy at least 30 minutes before or after the Cumanda. The adult dosage for Burbur is 8 drops in ½ cup (120ml) of water immediately before or after each mealtime and at bedtime, but if the patient is feeling toxic, the Burbur dose increases to 8 drops 14 to 16 times daily for a day or two before returning to maintenance dose. Dr. Cowden starts Burbur 1 to 2 days before the Cumanda whenever possible.

The Cumanda dosage is increased every 1 to 3 days by one drop per dose until the full dose is reached. Full dose for a 150 pound adult is 20 drops twice daily if there is central nervous system involvement and sometimes less if no CNS involvement. CNS involvement is typical in 3rd stage Lyme disease, including neurosis, psychoses, forgetfulness, etc.

Once the patient has been up to the full dose of 20 drops of Cumanda 2 times per day for at least one month, Dr. Cowden’s patients begin rotating between Cumanda and Samento, taking Samento for 12 ½ days, a break for 36 hours then Cumanda for 12 ½ days, off for 36 hours again, and so on. After 3-6 months they reduce the dosage to once per day 30 minutes before mealtime, cycling 12 days on, 2 days off, for 2-3 months. If during that time of taking Samento and/or Cumanda once daily, there are no symptoms, the patient comes off Samento and Cumanda to see if they feel well. If not, they restart full dose twice daily, cycling 12 ½ days on and 36 hours off for 2-3 more months.

The cycle “off time” is as important as the cycle “on time”. During the cycle “off time” the various forms of Borrelia transform back into the spirochetal form which is the form most vulnerable to Cumanda and Samento. The patient that has been chronically ill for many years often needs to cycle on and cycle off twice daily either Cumanda and/or Samento for 5-8 months before changing to 1 dose per day.

Dr. Cowden finds that people with Borrelia have a lot of other toxins in their bodies, especially heavy metals and pesticides. The Lyme organisms take up these toxins into their bodies, and when killed, dump toxins back into the patient’s body. Therefore it is important to take other detox substances when microbes are being killed. Dr. Cowden finds that chlorella, spirulina and other algae are beneficial in binding toxins in addition to the Burbur.

Dr. Cowden also asks his adult Lyme patients to drink at least 3 quarts or 3 liters of pure spring water daily and to do dry skin brushing every morning to stimulate their lymphatic,
neuro-endocrine and immune systems.

Dr. Cowden finds most people who are chronically ill are deficient in magnesium unless they have kidney failure. Nutramedix Magnesium Malate is the best form that Dr. Cowden has found to correct this deficiency. Dr. Cowden has found in his patients that it is very important to release toxic emotions (especially anger, fear, worry, guilt, grief and inadequacy) as well as to adhere to the blood type diet without processed foods in order to rapidly resolve Lyme disease (refer to Blood Types, Body Types and You by Joseph Christiano).

Dr. Cowden has had many patients with severe symptomatic Lyme disease that became asymptomatic by taking Samento and/or Cumanda for a few months and now have been off Samento and Cumanda for many months without any recurrence of disease symptoms.

Best sources for products used in the protocol:

Nutramedix, LLC- 800-730-3130 or 561-745-2917 or http://www.nutramedix.com
Burbur
Cumanda
Magnesium Malate
Samento

Source Naturals – 800-815-2333 or http://www.sourcenaturals.com
Bromelain

Nature’s Balance – 800-858-5198 or http://www.natures-balance.com
Chlorella

Sophie Booth July 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

am really enjoying your emails & news letters & I just fasted for 13 days on vege juice & fruit juice & vege broth!! gave up pot & gurana drinks!! & I, fast myself & my cats, dogs, 1 day a week. Next I,m doing your master- cleanse 10 days, but I gotta get the book!!
I thankyou again for Great info & look forward to reading all you books, as soon as I can get them!! Great work your doing!! kindest thoughts Sophie booth

Peter Glickman July 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Congratulations, Sophie and thanks for the kind words.

Peter

Donna November 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hey Peter, I did your Master Cleanse for 21 days for the first time October 9, 2005 and I do a 10-day Master Cleanse twice a year in the Spring and Fall and I LOVE them! The first time I did it was to help me quit smoking and boy did it help tremendously with the cravings, irritability, and anxiousness. I don’t know if you can answer this question or not but it is driving me banana’s. Keeping in mind that I cleanse on the Master Cleanse twice a year and have no (other than detox type symptoms but nothing glucose related) adverse reactions. However, about 4 days ago I started doing a green juice before workouts (they have kale, celery, carrots, parsley, cilantro, red apple) and within 2 mins of drinking the green juice my blood sugar dropped very low and I had to eat a banana and then I ate a salad just to bring it back up. Got very nauseous, dizzy, weak, etc. There is no way I can drink this and then do a workout. So think I will stick to smoothies before workout. haha Do you know why the green juice would have this affect on me when I do a liquid (Master Cleanse for 10 to 21 days) cleanse and do not have this type problem?

Peter Glickman November 21, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I’ve not heard of that before.

Teresa December 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Hi Peter, I have a problem with my knee. I broke some cartilage while doing sports and the only help I have received from the medical profession is a knee replacement. As I believe that our bodies can heal itself I desire to go the natural route. Have you had any experience with cartilage healings?

Sincerely ,
Teresa

Peter Glickman January 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Theresa,

I don’t have any knowledge of cartilage healing on the Master Cleanse, but other areas of the body do seem to renew and improve. However, cartilage is made from cells called fibroblasts. (“fibro” because they look like fibers, “blast” means a cell that will grow into a mature cell.) Until the body matures–around 20 years of age–it produces a growth factor (fibroblast growth factor) that directs fibroblasts to produce cartilage, collagen and bone. The remarkable new supplement, Laminine, contains fibroblast growth factor. I recommend you try that.